Your Support Makes Art Happen!
Give to La MaMa and support the next generation of art-makers, risk-takers, and rule –breakers.
Donations can be made online or by sending a check to 74A East 4th St., New York, NY 10003.
Join the Pushcart Circle! ($10,000 +)
- Invitations for two to opening nights
- Backstage access
- House seats
- Personal concierge service for all transactions
- Unlimited ticket exchange privileges
- Priority notification of special events, readings and education program events
- Designate a portion of your gift toward play development or education programming and receive special acknowledgement in Playbill and other materials
- Be part of the La MaMa family
La MaMa's founder, Ellen Stewart, often called La MaMa her “pushcart.” When she first came to New York in the 1950’s as an aspiring fashion designer, she became friends with Abraham Diamond, the owner of a fabric shop on Delancey Street. “Papa Diamond” as Ellen called him was a Romanian immigrant who had moved to New York City at the age of 11 and operated a pushcart selling fabric, before opening his shop. He told Ellen that she should find her own pushcart and if she pushed it for other people it would take her where she wanted to go. La MaMa was Ellen’s pushcart.
As a member of our Pushcart Circle, you are the force that keeps La MaMa moving forward. It is La MaMa’s highest level of giving and reflects your strong belief in La MaMa as a cultural organization dedicated to giving opportunities to under-represented artists, and taking risks on new work.
Help La MaMa to continue to be the vibrant, global home for artists that Ellen Stewart built here on the Lower East Side!
To become a member of the Pushcart Circle, please contact Managing Director, Mary Fulham @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the La MaMa Junior Committee ($240+ -or- $20/month)
- 4 Exclusive Junior Committee parties each season: see a show and attend an exclusive after-party
- Select 2 for 1 ticket deals to performances throughout the season
- Attend donor events throughout the season–including a free performance & pre-show reception.
- Discounted tickets to our annual gala
- Special discount codes and access to exclusive promotional offers
- A tour of the La MaMa Archive
Junior Committee members are the new generation of La MaMa theatre patrons, with exclusive access to our programs, artists and staff. Your commitment today makes a difference in La MaMa’s future.
Be part of a thriving community of artists and professionals and gain access to the best downtown theatre has to offer!
Be a Bellringer! ($25+)
- Bellringers can ring the bell at the start of a performance
Our founder Ellen Stewart rang the bell before the start of every performance to bring the audience together. In this moment, everyone knew that they were part of a community who believed in the power of art to communicate across boundaries of race, language and culture.
Help us to keep our ticket prices low, provide time and space for artists to take risks on new work, and to maintain a support staff and technical crew for the more than 60 productions presented here each season. Ring the bell at La MaMa!