September 12, 2014 - September 14, 2014
Full 2 ½ Day Workshop – Fri. 6:30pm-8:30pm, Sat. 9am-6:30pm, Sun. 9am-5pm
September 12-14, 2014 – La MaMa Rehearsal Studios, 47 Great Jones Street
- How can we add equity to arts funding?
- How do our solidarity movements thrive or not?
- How do we increase diversity in the arts?
The People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond focuses on understanding what racism is, where it comes from, how it functions, why it persists and how it can be undone. This training is tailored specifically to cultural organizers, artists of all kinds, and arts administrators.
Sliding fee scale for individuals and organizations.
Organizations self-identify regarding size, keeping in mind that this is a shared expense for our whole community.
- Individuals/Artists: $200
- Extenuating circumstances rate: $125
- Small orgs: $600 for up to 5 people / $1200 for up to 10 / $2400 for up to 20
- Mid-sized orgs: $1000 for up to 5 people / $2000 for up to 10 / $4000 for up to 20
- Large orgs: $1500 for up to 5 people / $3000 for up to 10 / $6000 for up to 20
Need more info? Email us!
Nathan Trice: Nathantrice_rituals@yahoo.com
Maria Bauman: email@example.com
Sarita Covington: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinated by Company Cypher, MBDance, and Nathan Trice Rituals.
La MaMa is proud to host Understanding & Undoing Racism/Community Organizing Workshop as part of La MaMa’s 53rd season, La MaMa Earth, featuring work that focuses on issues of ecology and social justice.
Sponsored, in part, by Naturally Occurring Cultural Districts New York (NOCD-NY), with support from The Rockefeller Foundation and an award from the National Endowment for the Arts / Art Works.